Rootcon X: Call For Papers
Call For Papers
Let the freshest hacks be submitted and share them among the hacker community.
Where to submit? - Submit your paper to cfp [at] rootcon [dot] org
Email Subject - email your talks with subject line of RC10 CFP Submission - [TOPIC NAME]
Submission Deadline - will be before June 13, 2016
Minimum Time: 30 minutes
Maximum Time: 45 minutes
Topics of interest but not limited to:
- Real-life hack (responsible disclosure)
- Non-tech hacking
- New tool release
- Exploit Development
- Reverse Engineering
- Web Application Attacks
- Tools 101 (Metasploit, Nmap, etc…etc…)
- Wireless Attacks (3G, 4G, 802.11(x))
- Cloud Security
- Vulnerability Discovery
- OS Level Vulnerabilities
- Physical Security (Lock picking – Digital Locks or Digital Safes)
- SQL Injections
- Vendor Appliance Vulnerabilities
- Exploitation Techniques
- Mobile Security
ROOTCON 10 Call For Papers Form
(*) Denotes Mandatory Field
Please copy the needed information together with the agreement and paste them on a .txt format.
This part should contain a little info about yourself, what you do, etcetera - to be posted on the site.
* Speaker Name :
* Title and Company (if applicable):
* Email Address :
* Mobile Number :
* Backup speaker name :
* Email Address :
* Mobile Number :
* Have you talked on previous ROOTCON events or any organized events under ROOTCON ? Yes or No.:
This part should contain info about your presentation.
* Name of Presentation: (name goes here)
* Abstract: (A sketchy summary of your presentation which we can post on the website, giving the attendee an idea what your presentation is about in a nutshell.)
* Time: AM, PM or Anytime will do
* Day: Day 1 or Day 2? (Applicable to speakers that has only one topic)
Audience Participation needed? Yes or No.
LCD Projector? Yes or No.
Internet access? Yes or No, if yes specify wireless or wired.
White Board? Yes or No.
* Any other equipment requirements? Please specify.
* Location: Metro Manila, Others please specify.
I warrant that the above presentation is of my own work, or if copied, permission has been obtained from the author for publications on ROOTCON 10, and that I will give credits accordingly.
I will grant permission to ROOTCON to post my presentation on the ROOTCON Relics after the event.
Speaking Remuneration Agreement:
1. As a ROOTCON speaker, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
a. Free registration to ROOTCON 10 will enjoy all benefits included on registration. (This will include Swags, Food, etc)
b. Speakers coming from within the Philippines (domestic) will be free of airfare and accommodation (ROOTCON preferred hotel and airline).
c. Speakers coming from outside the Philippines (international) will be free of accommodation (ROOTCON preferred hotel).
d. One ROOTCON speaker token.
e. One Speaker Badge
f. And of course free booze all throughout the conference.
g. Access to ROOTCON 10 post-con party.
h. Certificate of attendance (speaking engagement) by request.
2. ROOTCON will be responsible for providing all equipments and setup needed for the presentation as stated on the Equipment Needs.
3. ROOTCON will not be responsible for all other expenses not included on the Equipment Needs and on the benefits stated above.
4. Creation of the presentation will be done by the speaker himself. ROOTCON members can assist the speaker such as preparing the LCD Projector, white board, prepare the stage, setup of the microphone and assistance during the demo. Other requests should be addressed to the ROOTCON organizing committee.
5. ROOTCON will not disclose speakers personal and contact information unless stated by the speaker.
6. ROOTCON must not be held liable for the safety of their speakers before, during and after the event.
7. Speaker will be held liable in creating his/her disclaimer if the presentation contains hacking exposure.
8. In the event the speaker changes his topic, he must inform the cfp [at] rootcon dot org one (1) month before the event; new topic will be subject to approval.
9. Speakers are advised to check-in at the hotel one (1) day before the event. This is to meet the organizing committee, give you proper orientation about the venue, prepare your equipments and discuss other important matters before the event.
10. On the event proper, the speakers should be at the venue an hour or two prior to his or her presentation.
11. Speaker who wishes to decline or backs out from his speaking engagement, he should inform cfp [at] rootcon dot org one (1) month before the event.
12. Substitution is allowed provided that the original speaker will look for his own substitute and inform the organizing committee the complete profile of the new speaker (substitute) one month before the event.
13. ROOTCON will only pay the additional hotel accommodation if the speaker has pending tracks on the following day
14. To maintain the quality of topics, all topics are selected according to awesomeness level.
15. Final Presentation materials should be sent to cfp [at] ROOTCON /./ org, one month before the CON. This is for security reasons in any case the speaker lost his .ppt presentation due to laptop corruption or any other unexpected circumstances.
I, (insert your name here), have read the above and understand and agree to the terms as detailed in the Speaking Remuneration Agreement and Copyright Agreement.
In the event the Speaker failed to comply with the Speaking Remuneration Agreement and Copyright Agreement, ROOTCON reserves its right to revoke any benefits entitled to the speaker.
More info here.